Thursday, November 25, 2010

25 Weeks Pregnant

Just one week away from the 6 months mark, and 2 weeks from entering the third trimester... here I am sitting on 25 weeks of pregnancy with my now large behind. :)

This week has been another insane one, filled with 8+hour work days among other extra curricular activities, I feel I've been swallowed whole. My exhaustion level goes beyond just feeling "tired" once again.

To make fatigue even more pronounced, Emma has learned how to kick so hard that it wiggles my entire belly, and not just a little bit. I've tried to catch it on camera a few times but I can never seem to catch her in the act. She's learned somehow to sleep most of the time while I'm up walking around at work, and have a dance-a-thon at night while I'm trying to sleep. Luckily it's only she who is affecting my sleep and not Danny's absence. Because I'm so tired, I've had no trouble falling asleep once Emma stops practicing Karate on my organs. It's still pretty cool, even if frustrating when she kicks from midnight to 4am, to see the belly aerobics going on, and it's pretty much the most amazing miracle I've witnessed.

Acid reflux is still torturing me and I feel that this is something that is going to stick with me until Emma is born. Since I can feel her kicking up close to my rib cage now I know my stomach is just being smashed by her gigantic body. Knowing how long she is, and how much she weighs (nearly a pound and a half) can give you a pretty good idea of why everything is smushed, especially looking at how much my belly doesn't actually stick out...

I've once again hit up the local TJ-Maxx store for a $7 bra, the size made my eyes nearly pop out of my head. Then a girlfriend of mine told me that not only are they not done growing, but to expect them to fill up two more cup sizes once the milk comes in when the baby is born.... and that this can happen literally over night.

I've tried to add some different kinds of vegetables to my food supply, so far I've tried eating more sweet potato, which goes over pretty well, and asparagus, which i normally love but right now it's just "ehh". I have carrots and baby tomatos to try snacking on next, though I've never liked tomatoes. Who knows, maybe I will now.

Weight 137.5 (I've only gained half pound over the past two weeks, but I put that down to being oh so overly active 7 days of the week)

2 comments:

  1. You look gorgeous darling. Live in the moment through all your discomfort. Just breathe and love and cherish yourself.
    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  2. Acid suuuckkks! erghhhh.... it'll all be worth it (my mantra) xx

    ReplyDelete