Thursday, October 14, 2010

19 Weeks

The biggest thing this week: Movement.

Emma baby must be a gymnast in the making. It started with intense poking and some prodding feelings. Then one morning as I was laying in bed, belly exposed, she started kick/punching pretty hard, and all of a sudden a little arm or elbow poked out. It was SO WEIRD! It was alien like, to see something trying to poke my tummy!
Then today I was sitting in the waiting room at WIC (a program for lower income families, providing them with nutritional foods for the women, infants and children in the household. Things like milk, cheese, cereal, whole wheat breads, eggs, and fresh produce) and I could feel Emma squirming around like crazy. After a few continuous minutes of this romping around I lay my fingers across my tummy and she did some kind of somersault against my fingers! I could feel her whole little body roll against my fingers. It was AMAZING!

There is this realization coming over me, there's a little something growing in there and I'm making it!!!

A little bit of sickness hits every once in a while, especially if I'm working and don't have a chance to sit down to eat. Speaking of eating, I've discovered hostess cup cakes and I've fallen in love. I think I've had two boxes the past week and a half (Danny helps of course but I'm sure I eat the majority).

Emma responded to Danny this morning, he put his mouth on my belly and yelled "EMMA" and she kicked in the opposite direction, I think he scared her. He still hasn't been able to feel her from the outside yet though.

Next week's update will be a day early, as we are going out of town for my California baby shower. This shower will be super fun, I get to see all the friends and family that I miss so much! And they get to see my expanding belly.
Weight: 130.5lbs

1 comment:

  1. you are still soooo tiny! Doing good on the weight gain! You look great!! I can't wait until you can hold your little miracle and we can see pics of her!

    ReplyDelete