Wednesday, September 22, 2010

16 Weeks Pregnant

Now I'm just trying to remember with this absent memory of mine how the past week has been..

I don't think I was nearly as physically sick as I have been previous weeks, and I had several meals containing either meat or chicken which I kept down just fine, but suffered the tummy cramps afterword regardless.

I finally finished my meds and I don't have any funky metalic or medicine induced taste in my mouth today at all! I haven't been able to drink plain water in weeks, because of the pregnancy metalic taste, it's gross. Always had to add some cranberry or orange juice to it! I've discovered that eating any kind of sugary food on an empty stomach is not a good idea, and doesn't help with hunger at all... Hungry? Don't grab a snickers! I've been able to eat two or three FULL SIZED meals this past week, which I'm proud of, and I weigh in at 127.5, and I can't remember my weight from last week, I'll have to look it up.

More exciting news, we find out if Squish is a boy or a girl NEXT WEEK! WOHOOO! September 30th, you'll all know if you're having a niece or nephew, grandson or granddaughter!!!! I'm not getting my hopes up, for some reason I just have this gut feeling that they aren't going to be able to determine the sex... even though I know some mommies who found out between 12-14 weeks, and our US Tech starts looking at 16 weeks and I'll be 17 weeks and one day. Or 17 and 4 days, or 16 and 6 days, they tell me something different about how far along I am at every visit.

I've had some hip pain, especially after walking around for upwards of 30 minutes at a time, or standing for longer than an hour, my hips just ache. I also have several pair of pants that won't come up past my hips any more. I've felt some of the ligiment pain (or so they telll me that is what it is) in my sides, and sometimes feel pain down by my pelvic bone/area, mostly mild discomfort. Some mornings I still wake up nauseous, though today and yesterday have been particularly lovely in terms of stomach comfort, minus the constant hungry. And I'm really craving fruits. Fruits fruits every time i get up for something to eat I look for fruit, and of course we don't have any hahahahahaha! Also I find that when I eat something good, that I can keep down, and that doesn't make me want to stop eating, that's all I want to eat. Though I haven't allowed myself repeat meals because I don't want baby to be a picky eater, and I'm finding more and more things that i can actually eat now.

Well baby needs a snack before we head out to the grocery store. Baby bump week 16:
Oops I cut of half my head. 16 weeks

2 comments:

  1. You are the prettiest pregnant lady ever! :-) xox

    ReplyDelete
  2. What eveerrrr you SO have a baby bump. You're just used to it now. =P. You'll for sure have one when you come for your baby shower.
    I'm glad you can eat! get lots of fruits at the grocery store so you can keep eating! =D love you

    ReplyDelete