Thursday, October 11, 2012

23 Weeks

Well here we are! 23 weeks along. SO CLOSE to V-day. (For those who don't know, 24 weeks is when the baby is considered viable, and has a chance of surviving outside of the womb. Each week after that, the statistics for survival increase dramatically.)

Man, in the beginning 23 weeks seemed so far away, didn't it? I was saying "holy cow D won't be back until I'm already 25 weeks!" and guess what? We're almost. there. ALMOST.

I'm going to call the baby "pebble" in my blog, because I need SOMETHING to call her to keep me from slipping and spewing her name all over the internet.

Pebble is kicking up a storm, every day. In fact the other day when I was at the hospital and I was next to some other preggos also on monitors, mine was the kickiest. If that's even a real word. She is so cute and Emma calls her by name, when I say things like, "Those pants aren't yours any more, we have to save them for sister!" She'll say "[Pebble] Pants!" She's catching on now, if I say "That's too small for you," she'll hand it to me and tell me "sister" or "[Pebble]" it's quite adorable.

Other than that I feel like a blimp, and have started to sleep with a pillow. Not snoogle, snoogle doesn't quite cut it this time for some reason. I have just a big, fluffy pillow I have to sleep with to throw my leg over or stuff under half of my back so I'm not flat on my back. Let the sleep issues begin! (sarcastic enthusiasm, I assure you.)

I still do love me some root beer and water(in Kentucky, unless it's bottled) makes me sick, but other than that no pop up cravings, though when I see food I want it immediately. Also, it's starting to get more difficult to lean over now. Luckily I have Emma to take laundry out of the dryer (and she LOVES to help!!!)

Weight: 131 lbs (total gain: 12 lbs)


Compare - 23 Weeks Emma, 23 Weeks "pebble"


1 comment:

  1. Aww I think "Pebble" is so cute! Maybe the nickname will stick post birth! I love that Emma catches on so quickly, amazing how much we learn about ourselves from our mini-me's. I love root beer! I almost forgot all about it it has been so long since I have had it! I am also sensitive about water. Everyone in Germany drinks bottled water but it is so hard to carry back from the store! I hope to get a super duper filter (i hear Britta's just don't cut it) when we are in the UK. Stay happy!

    ReplyDelete