Tuesday, March 29, 2011

3 Weeks Down!

I am not "fully" recovered but I'm getting there!!

I can pee without numbing, the biggest plus. And I have feeling in my bladder again. (did I mention that last time? That you lose feeling in your bladder after a vaginal delivery?  you do, and you have to remember to go pee... imagine having to remind yourself to breathe.... kind of similar.)

I'm off the motrin, I'm off tylenol, I'm off of all the drugs! YES!! And Emma is doing great. Breastfeeding is going great, it still stings sometimes and sometimes things get a little raw, especially after that three week growth spurt talk about ouch. But now that she's over 3 weeks old we were able to introduce her to a bottle, and pumping hurts much less than a tugging baby. So I get one break each day when Danny comes home from work and can give her a bottle, and I am free to do my own thing, like shower or ride the bike. WOhoo!

I am still fat, but that'll take time and that's ok, it took 9 months to gain all this body fat and extra skin, it'll take a little while to put it all back where it belongs. I've lost about 13 pounds I think.. and am kind of at a stand still on that number. I can't wait to get under 140, I'm stuck at 142 and have been for over a week. But I can start adding in 30 minutes of slow peddling on the bike 2 to 3 times a week now that Lochia seems to be just about over.

Over all, recovery is going very well. Can't wait for my checkup to get the green light on resuming normal activity and pumping up workouts to a higher level.

Here's a cute Emma face just to top off the post, we call this her monkey face, and it makes us laugh every time she does it!

2 comments: