Wednesday, January 5, 2011

31 Weeks

Ahh 8 Months Pregnant.

Weird.. I don't "feel" 8 months pregnant, though I do feel very pregnant.

So - This week - Danny lives! He's up and about, going to work and all kinds of good stuff. He painted a little bit yesterday in the nursery and it's coming along! Not finished yet though. I have to admit I'm getting a little impatient. It might be different if the baby's WHOLE ROOM weren't taking up the entire hallway but it is. And it has been like this for 3 weeks now. Danny is not to blame because he was sick for 2 full weeks. If I could paint... but I can't. It's another one of those things you "can't do!" while pregnant.

I was just telling my friend how I can't wait to get down on my knees and bleach scrub the bathroom. I haven't been able to do it in 7 months (weird!) and I just want to do it! Danny cleans the bathrooms sometimes, but you know how it's just different when you clean things yourself?

Also - we've reached one year - we've lived in Kentucky for one. Full. Year. WOW! Scary!

Now.. Pregnant stuff. I'll leave out the weird gross stuff that no one tells you until you go through it, and stick to the less ick-factor parts. Restless legs - something I suffered greatly from in the first trimester - is back. I just want to STRETCH THEM but that hurts, as the muscles cramp up with you stretch them, weird. Insomnia - I'm pooped, and not really sleeping well at night, though I'm sure I get some sleep, my mind wanders at a million miles an hour. Different pains: Braxton hicks contractions have begun to take on a whole new realm of feeling. Before the tummy would just get hard and it was a little uncomfortable for 30 seconds at a time. Now if I'm standing up doing something active when I have one it hurts a little and I have to sit down and relax for a little while. Another pain - some sort of sharp stabbing pain near my bladder or something, it's hard to tell where things are now-a-days. It only happens for a few minutes at a time, max, but it hurts quite a bit. I've been told this happens when baby pushes on different nerves. Oh fun. Sciatic hasn't been AS bad this week but I've also not been doing much this week... minus keeping my kitchen spotless. This is my goal - to keep the kitchen spotless, even when everything else is in disarray, at least I have one room I always have under control. It's helped me to feel better about not being able to do everything in one day. I've also been doing very well for 3 weeks on maintaining the laundry. It's all cleaned folded and put away each Monday.

I've come up with a plan for the next 9 weeks - learn to crochet. It'll keep me busy and I'll be learning a new skill that I can actually use. Fun! We'll see how that actually works out though.

Weight: 144.0 lbs
Waist: 37 3/4 inch

5 comments:

  1. Your tummy is getting so big! I can't wait to meet the little baby that pops out of it in a few weeks!

    Your boobs are ginormous! But all the rest of you still looks teeny tiny, of course!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know girl, I'm busting out of a 34D!

    ReplyDelete
  3. The one and only time ever I will ever weigh less than you. Haulin' a 128 these days, but I really need to find a way to get more calories in. You are radiant, of course, and just let go of the need to control things. Control is the biggest absolute myth. Let it go, and just relax... have fun being pregnant for this last one month, enjoy it as much as you can. <3

    ReplyDelete
  4. oops I mean last 9 weeks. I thought pregnancy was 9 months? You said you were 8 months? oh my foggy brain must be confusing things =P

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yes, it's nine full months. Not up to 9 months. 40 weeks. This is the beginning of my 8th month. It's all very confusing but that's what the doctors say! Since each "month" is four weeks and four days, week 31 is the first week of month 8.

    ReplyDelete