Tuesday, February 19, 2013

Recovery - Week 2

Well I'm not as lucky as I thought. Lol.

Although recovery is by far easier this time around, little things keep popping up.

For one... Lochia came back full force. I was concerned until I googled and found that its normal for it to start- stop for 4-8 weeks!!!!

Engorgement. I forgot how it feels to have an elephant under your skin on your chest, and what it's like to go to bed in a tank that fits only to get up in the morning feeling like its two sizes too small!!!

Sciatic nerve - GRRRRRRR Still getting pinched now and then. I know I had it prior to both pregnancies but dang. Go away!



Edited. Danny said TMi lol!


Other than the slight negatives I feel quite lucky to have a better recovery this time. I have to be careful - even though I feel good I can tell when I do a lot in one day that I shouldn't have.

I'm now down to JUST Tylenol, although some times I feel like I could use a little more pain relief...

The ten day growth spurt has me very tired currently.. but it should only last 2-3 days. I'm hoping for 2 days rather than 3. Baby tries to nurse if I'm ANYWHERE near her.. making night time very, very difficult. She wants to nurse then she's done and then she wants to nurse again. I remember when Emma had her first growth spurt I wanted to give up in the middle of the night because I just couldn't seem to satisfy her hunger! This is normal though and a normal behavior for newborns - doesn't mean my milk isn't enough (on the contrary I still make too much this time around and only feed from one side at a time - - except during growth spurts of course.)

I still am in maternity jeans. My regular ones will NOT come up over my hips yet. Oh well!

Weight: 139.8 (-17)

No comments:

Post a Comment