Thursday, February 14, 2013

Recovery week 1




Being a second time paren is probably a billion times easier than the first. People think I'm crazy for babysitting and getting a new puppy and taking on clients for my business with a newborn, but... Knock on wood.. We are handling it all just fine!

Nursing hurt like a you know what for the first 5 days but its pretty much fine now. Kari loves to eat and is a perfect latch. New moms- don't underestimate the power of lanolin!! I didn't use it the first four days but after starting to bleed and chap I started to lather that stuff on like crazy and put it in my breast pads to keep from drying to the breast pads between feedings. Works like a charm!

After birth... Well....... It really hurts I'm not going to lie. The first 3/4 days were the worst every time Kari would nurse... It was like contractions all over again. Ouch ouch!
Lochia is going quicker this time. I even have some days without bleeding already.

I don't have a lot of pain otherwise, I have 2nd degree tears all the way to my rectum but it doesn't hurt this time and I haven't even had to numb things before peeing this time which makes going to the restroom a lot quicker trip.

Funny outtake HAHA My sweetie ♥
One thing that really stinks is tht I think I pulled a muscle or something in my right leg between my legs. It's hard to describe, it starts below my butt cheek and between my legs and goes down. It makes getting out of bed or off the couch or standing up off the floor very uncomfortable and painful if I've forgotten a dose of Motrin or Tylenol.

Emma's making faces at herself!
I can get up and do a whole lot more now. I remember last time i didn't do anything except lay around and nurse and cuddle and watch tv. I'm up and doing housework and playing with Emma and every day activities already. No working out yet though - I'm supposed to wait until Lochia is gone completely :-/ I want to get back in the gym!

Weight: 147lbs (-9lbs)



Mommy and Kari Renee - How'd she fit in there???
Compliments of Brand New Photography ( http://onlybrandnewonce.com )

2 comments:

  1. I am so glad I have you for reference in the future because I don't know what half of those things mean. When I get cramps with PMS my inner thighs are really really achey. I think that there are a lot of nerves connected in that area which may be where your pain is coming from? I love you lots, good luck. This is your year to ACE everything, and you already are, so I don't need to tell you you are awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  2. She is so precious! I wish I had found a photographer out here, it's so much easier for me to photograph other people's babies, mine can smell me and wakes up every time I touch her. It really does get easier with each one. This one is by far my easiest because my youngest is three, the other times I had a 15 or 20 month old to come home to which is so much work. You look great, glad you're feeling great too!

    ReplyDelete