Monday, January 31, 2011

Doctor's Appointment - 34+5

I wanted to record this before I forgot.

Danny met me at the hospital for Emma's appointment. I am still pretty sick and felt very weak and yucky, and was disappointed when the Doctor was late, because all I wanted to do was go home and lie down.

Well they saw that my Fundal height was low last time, and that I had been having back pain, and that I had several contractions on Saturday when I went to the hospital for strep, and wanted to check for dilation, so I had to get all undressed and stuff which is an extra chore. But they wanted to make sure I wasn't going to go into preterm labor, which was fine with me because that is something I was worried about as well.

We talked for a little while about different things, namely the stupid glucose test that I still didn't take (and still don't plan on taking). From what I understood it was more like something they were held accountable for more than them actually worrying that I HAVE Gestational Diabetes.

Anyway they checked my cervix and it was still closed, wohoo! and she said she could feel baby's head. So Baby is head down! She also felt baby in belly, and looks like she's head down, butt up, laying on my right side, with her body folded in half so her feet are kicking up by her head instead of in my ribs. She's no longer transverse! She wanted to see if this had helped my fundal height increase so she did that measurement - 33cm!! YAY! All worries put to rest.

Since I've gained 25 pounds, she wasn't worried that I hadn't gained in the past 3 weeks, and said that one week I'll probably shoot up 3 or 4 pounds and not to freak out if that happens. Also, we were recommended to a Midwife for all future appointments, since we plan on a natural birth she said this would help us to achieve our goal without as many "interventions."

Other than the Strep Throat, I feel pretty good, and happy. :)

1 comment:

  1. If it comforts you any, I was 3 days less pregnant than you when I gave birth to Konner and he was in the NICU for 2 weeks because of the gestational diabetes. Stay calm about delivering early, it will all be okay at this point. I know the longer the better but I hope that you find some comfort in knowing that Konner was born sooner and if perfectly healthy and fine!

    ReplyDelete