Sunday, July 11, 2010

A Miracle

My heart is bursting with joy. The knowledge of my pregnancy hasn't yet sunken in... we keep looking at each other with smile, squealing "we're pregnant!" several times through the day.

I feel so blessed to have been given a chance to be a mommy. It is all my heart has ever really wanted, more than anything - to have a family built on the foundation of Love. And I am so grateful to finally be expanding that little family. Our family of 5 (including the dogs, just because I'm pregnant does not take away the fact that the dogs are still our family too!) is going to be incredible.

Physically I feel the effects of Pregnancy already. I have been overly thirsty the past several weeks, and the fatigue is wearing my body down. After work all I need to do is crash, take a nap. Some days I really wish for the energy to do the laundry or clean up the dirty kitchen, but it just isn't there. It is ok, and according to my pregnancy books I am not allowed to feel guilty for having a sink filled with dishes. ;)

Danny has been great. Even though I feel like I am taking advantage every time I ask him to get me another glass of water, or to get me an apple from the fridge. I've begun to really despise the three story layout of my home, the steps stink! Especially when I go from basement to top floor to use the restroom (Naia sleeps in the bathroom on the middle level, so when she's in there we don't use that restroom. Otherwise it triggers nonstop barking).

All in all pregnancy has been great, though. I am so excited to finally be given the opportunity to feel what it's like to be pregnant. I never gave a pregnant lady enough credit for getting out of bed in the morning. So, ladies, my hat is off to you.

One last thing before I go - my boss bought us our very first baby item... a onesie...

2 comments:

  1. Yaaaaaay!

    You can ask me all about avoiding the guilt. I've had to let go of being able to do home and other tasks for quite some time now... but not for quite as happy a reason! Listen to your body, ALWAYS. Nothing compares to a woman's intuition.

    ReplyDelete